Welcome to NILFS
NILFS is a log-structured file system supporting versioning of the entire file system and continuous snapshotting which allows users to even restore files mistakenly overwritten or destroyed just a few seconds ago.
NILFS was developed by NTT Laboratories and published as an open-source software under GPL license, and now available as a part of Linux kernel.
This site provides information and source code of programs related to the NILFS filesystem.
- NILFS utilities 2.2.0 was released. Include SET_SUINFO ioctl support which helps to reduce unfruitful segment cleaning, and lssu command is enhanced to help analysys of the ratio of in-used blocks for every segment.
-- Apr 8, 2014 JST.
- We moved nilfs project site to nilfs.sourceforge.net. nilfs.org is still available as an alias for transitional purpose, but it is deprecated.
-- Feb 25, 2014 JST.
- NILFS utilities 2.1.6 was released. Bug fixes of libnilfs and cleaner daemon, and minor improvements of cleaner daemon are included.
-- Jan 26, 2014 JST.
- We updated nilfs2-kmod, standalone kernel module for CentOS6 and other RHEL6 clones. For details, please see README file and ChangeLog. For RPM packages, please see NILFS for CentOS page.
-- Aug 31, 2013 JST.
- nilfs2-kmod 0.4.5 was released. This is a stable version release of the standalone kernel module for CentOS6 and other RHEL6 clones. For details, please see ChangeLog. For RPM packages, please see NILFS for CentOS page.
-- Jun 6, 2013 JST.
- NILFS utilities 2.1.5 was released. Some minor improvements are included, for instance, mkfs.nilfs2 now checks for existing file system on device.
-- May 2, 2013 JST.
- We will have a power outage from May 2 10:00 a.m. to May 7 1:00 a.m. UTC because of maintenance. nilfs.org will temporarily stop. Please visit mirror site during the period. Thank you.
-- Apr 26, 2013 JST.
- We will have a power outage from Oct 12 10:00 a.m. to Oct 15 0:30 a.m. UTC because of legal mandatory inspection. nilfs.org will temporarily stop. Please visit mirror site during the period. Thank you.
-- Oct 4, 2012 JST.