Welcome to NILFS
NILFS is a log-structured file system supporting versioning of the entire file system and continuous snapshotting which allows users to even restore files mistakenly overwritten or destroyed just a few seconds ago.
NILFS was developed by NTT Laboratories and published as an open-source software under GPL license, and now available as a part of Linux kernel.
This site provides information and source code of programs related to the NILFS filesystem.
- As we announced previously, we have fully moved the NILFS
project site to
The prior address "www.nilfs.org" will be unavailable shortly.
Please refer to
-- Sep 2, 2014 JST.
- NILFS utilities 2.2.1 was released. Adjust default GC parameters to make SET_SUINFO ioctl
more effective for reducing relocation of static data. Also, fix some
build problems, a few bugs related to error output of tools, and typos
in messages, manpages, source files, etc.
-- Aug 23, 2014 JST.
- We released standalone kernel module for CentOS 7. Please see README file and ChangeLog.
-- Jul 9, 2014 JST.
- We updated nilfs2-kmod (version 0.6.0 was released). It is standalone kernel module for CentOS 6 and other RHEL 6 clones. For details, please see README file and ChangeLog. For RPM packages, please see NILFS for CentOS page.
-- Apr 20, 2014 JST.
- NILFS utilities 2.2.0 was released. Include SET_SUINFO ioctl support which helps to reduce unfruitful segment cleaning, and lssu command is enhanced to help analysys of the ratio of in-used blocks for every segment.
-- Apr 8, 2014 JST.
- We moved nilfs project site to nilfs.sourceforge.net. nilfs.org is still available as an alias for transitional purpose, but it is deprecated.
-- Feb 25, 2014 JST.
- NILFS utilities 2.1.6 was released. Bug fixes of libnilfs and cleaner daemon, and minor improvements of cleaner daemon are included.
-- Jan 26, 2014 JST.
- We updated nilfs2-kmod, standalone kernel module for CentOS 6 and other RHEL 6 clones. For details, please see README file and ChangeLog. For RPM packages, please see NILFS for CentOS page.
-- Aug 31, 2013 JST.